1. WHAT WE COLLECT
- We may collect the following information: a) Name, b) Contact information including email address, billing address and, in some instances, telephone number, c) Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, d) Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers or competitions e) recipient names, addresses and related occasions where you have either sent a bouquet to such recipient or saved such details in your account, f) IP address g) information connected with reviews you leave on our website or app h) your marketing communication preferences i) details of the device with which you transacted with us j) your purchase history with us k) your browsing history on our website or app.
- We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through you using our website or app, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. We may also collect data from you by using cookies.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you in order to improve the service and marketing that you receive from THE FLOWER BLOOMS LTD.
2. LEGAL BASIS
We may use your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- Your consent
- The necessity to use your data for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- To pursue our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect your or someone else’s vital interests
- The necessity to process your data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
3. LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your account.
4. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Where the information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us for us to provide our services
- For customer service and resolution purposes, for the purpose of the performance of a contract with you, to comply with our legal obligations and/or for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- Internal record keeping, to comply with our legal obligations.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and we may personalise such content based on what we believe may be of interest to you, for the purpose of our legitimate interests and where necessary your consent.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes, for the purpose of our legitimate interests. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website or app according to your interests.
- We may use the information for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety on our website and app, for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website and app in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can manage your cookie preferences from the footer but this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and app.
- Specific cookies that may be used on our site include:
Adition, Adform, Adroll, Adscale, Amazon Mobile Ads, Amplitude, Bidswitch, Bing ads, Branch, Braze, Bugsnag, Chattermill, Cloudflare, Creative Serving, Criteo, Drawbridge, DC StormIQ, Facebook ads, Facebook Connect, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Head, Heap, iterate, Mention Me, New Relic, Periscope, Pinterest, Pusher, Rakuten, reviews.co.uk, Smartly, Snapchat, Steelhouse, Stripe, Stroeer, Tradedesk, Twitter, Typeform, Vimeo, Workable, Youtube, Zopim
Please note that if you wish to share a product on a third-party website (such as Facebook, Twitter etc) you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Our website and app may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Managing Your Information. You may access and update some of your information via email email@example.com
- Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
- Data Access and Portability. You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
- Data Retention and Erasure. We generally retain your personal information for a period of six years after your last active use of our website or app (in line with our legal obligation to keep order information for this duration for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations). If you no longer want us to keep your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account with The Flower Blooms Ltd. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information: a. We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a membership for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Membership to prevent that user from opening a new Membership in the future. b. We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations. c. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing. Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you. Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by The Flower Blooms Ltd you may withdraw your consent at any time by by sending a communication to The Flower Blooms Ltd specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, you have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to paragraph 7.7 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of The Flower Blooms Ltd override your own.
- Objection to Processing and Profiling. You are entitled to require The Flower Blooms Ltd not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing The Flower Blooms Ltd will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Data Security. The security of your data is very important to us. With this in mind we will take all appropriate steps to protect your data and will treat it with the utmost care and attention. We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our websites and apps. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is held securely by our 3rd party payment providers, and tokenized to ensure it is protected. We ensure that our systems are regularly monitored for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Lodging Complaints. You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by The Flower Blooms Ltd before the Information Commissioner’s Office. In the UK, please read: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for details of how to do this. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required by law to do so or it is required for the provision of our services as detailed above. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.